Sculpture Saturdays Presented by PNC Arts Alive is back for Fall 2011! Join the Fairmount Park Art Association for five Saturdays this September and October for FREE family-friendly SCULPTURE WORKSHOPS, iPOD TOURS, and LIVE MUSIC along Philadelphia’s Kelly Drive. Enjoy hands-on activities for all ages, including artist-led sculpture workshops for kids, self-guided iPod tours, and live performances from The Adam Monaco Band, Trinidelphia, KyoDaiko and more. There’s something for everybody to enjoy while discovering public art in in Philadelphia.
View pictures of “Sculpture Saturdays” on our Flickr page (updated weekly)
>> Five Saturdays: September 10th, 17th & 24th, and October 15th & 22nd, 2011
>> Dates may be canceled if it rains – check here for updates!
TIME: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Live music performances daily at 11:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Kelly Drive, Philadelphia, PA
>> Sculpture workshops and iPod tours will take place at Cosmic Café at Lloyd Hall (On Kelly Drive between Boathouse Row and The Philadelphia Museum of Art)
>> Live music performances will take place at The Ellen Phillips Samuel Memorial Sculpture Garden (Along Kelly Drive, just north of Boathouse Row)
SCHEDULED ACTIVITIES (ONGOING EACH WEEK):
- Kid’s Sculpture Workshops: Each week, kids can stop by our big green PNC Arts Alive tent near Lloyd Hall for artist-led sculpture-making activities inspired by Philadelphia’s public art;
- Outdoor Sculpture Fun Guide and Art Kits for Kids: Children will receive a professionally illustrated kids sculpture booklet and art kit to take home;
- iPod Tours: Borrow a free iPod Touch from our headquarters at Cosmic Café to take a self-guided tour and experience the Museum Without Walls™: AUDIO app and learn more about the public art in Fairmount Park;
- Public Art Ambassadors: A team of Public Art Ambassadors – our “mobile docent squad” – in bright green shirts will be on hand to answer questions about public art, distribute Museum Without Walls™: AUDIO maps, and help guide participants interested in experiencing the program on their cell phones, smart phones, or mp3 players.
- Live music performances will take place each Saturday at the Ellen Phillips Samuel Memorial at 11am and 1pm. Performers include:
The Adam Monaco Band
Marc Silver and The Stonethrowers
The Rhodes Trio
Alokli West African Dance
For more information, contact the Fairmount Park Art Association at 215.546.7550 or email email@example.com.
Sculpture Saturdays is made possible by a special grant from PNC Arts Alive. PNC Arts Alive is a five-year, $5 million investment from the PNC Foundation that supports visual and performing arts groups with the goal of increasing arts access and engagement. For more information on PNC Arts Alive and the grant recipients visit www.pncartsalive.com